Sunday, October 23, 2011

Scientific Articles

Being a Human Ecology student, I haven't had to write many scientific articles. Actually, I have only had to write one once in my textile science class. I understand how other agriculture student would have the need to write more scientific articles/papers but thus far it has not been a necessity in my classes. That is why I am pleased that we had a week to learn about this in class. Especially since we have to write one for this class! Kaustav's lecture was really helpful and I know that it will come in handy when I am putting together my scientific paper!

The papers that I usually write are typically laid out like the following:

1 paragraph - Introduction
3 paragraph - Body
1 paragraph - Conclusion

But according to Kaustav's lecture, scientific are laid out like this:

Title
Abstract
Introduction
Materials and Methods
Results
Discussion
Conclusion
Tables and Figures
References

...much different that an english paper. Wish me luck while putting mine together for the assignment!

No comments:

Post a Comment